nuffnang header

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Movie Review: Oblivion (Tom Cruise)

Halluuuu my bloggie... Been abandoning my dear bloggie for quite a long time already. What to do, I'm kinda busy with my life right now and always dozed off when I get back from work. Then I won't do anything for the whole day (because of tiredness konon, puii) until the time I have to get up and go to work again. Heh     -_-

Enough with that, actually my other dearie, Nuffnang also gave me a pair of tix to watch Oblivion. Sadly, because I was busy with my schedule, I couldn't make it to the special screening of that movie. Hurm. :'(
Luckily, last Saturday a handsome friend of mine (perlu ke mention handsome tu? motif??) treated me to a movie which was of course, Oblivionnn... ^_^

Let's let's see how this movie serves us! =D

Language: English
Classification: P13
Subtitle: Chinese/Malay
Release date: 11 April 2013
Genre: Action/Adventure/Fantasy
Running time: 124 Minutes
Director: Joseph Kosinski
Cast: Tom Cruise, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Andrea Risborough, Morgan Freeman

Synopsis
A court martial sends a veteran soldier to a distant planet, where he is to destroy the remains of an alien race.  The arrival of an expected traveler caused him to question what he knows about the planet, his mission and himself.

My review
Hurmm.. What can I say about this movie? Firstly, it's a science fiction movie. Like 100% totally a sci-fiction. For me, the idea of the story is fresh and unique because this is my first time watching this kind of movie. Jack Harper (Tom Cruise) is assigned with a task to protect the Earth's remaining resources due to catalysmic alien invasion that left the planet uninhabitable. Along with Victoria (Andrea Riseborough), they have to collect enough raw materials from the Earth to ensure humanity's long term survival before they can join the other survivors on Titan (Saturn's largest moon). That is what they were told by their mission commander Sally.

But of course, there was a twist along the journey which makes Jack Harper started to question about his mission. The visual is good and can be classified as a pretty stunning visual. Well, because the Director of the movie is quite well known with his CGI-kind-of-movies. All the characters in the movie also played their roles well. Unfortunately, in my opinion I found this movie is a bit boring because most of the screenplay, I can only see Tom Cruise, Andrea, their commander and the robot. Other characters appear not long after that but still, I feel some emptiness. (=p)

To sum it up, the storyline is fresh, the visual is great, the actors played their characters well, it can be classified as a good sci-fiction movie for the time being BUT this movie is lack of excitement.  =)

I would give this movie with....... 3 stars! =D - 3/5

Take a look at the trailer! 











No comments:

Post a Comment